Internationally acclaimed for its unique environment and expertise in the particular learning needs of girls, The Bishop Strachan School (BSS) has built a reputation over its long history as an undisputed leader in education. Offering a challenging, lively and creative atmosphere, a roster of uniquely qualified faculty and staff, and an inspiring campus featuring a spectacular science and arts wing, BSS inspires each student to find her passion, pursue her dreams and reach her potential through a rigorous academic program.
Helping students become smart, independent, compassionate young women, BSS provides the tools, technology and innovation required to thrive in post-secondary pursuits and beyond. Our unique whole girl approach, commitment to excellence and embodiment of strong values create a profound and powerful learning environment within a supportive, engaged community.
To support our mission of providing our students with the best educational experience, we strive for excellence in every facet of the organization – including providing a stimulating, creative and lively work environment that attracts the best staff and faculty. We are seeking the right candidate to fill the position of:
After Care Program Teacher
Reports to: After Care Program Co-ordinator
Hours: 3:00 to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday when school is in session during September to June. Participation in professional learning days and staff meetings throughout the year.
Summary of Position:
The After Care Program Teachers, in conjunction with the After Care Program Co-ordinator, offer JK-Grade 6 program supervision and homework assistance within a caring and nurturing environment. In addition, the Co-ordinator and Teachers incorporate a variety of indoor and outdoor activities that are consistent with a Reggio-inspired approach from 3:00 to 6:00 pm.
Specific Accountabilities Include:
- Assist students in small groups or individually with daily homework tasks
- Develop daily activities for the girls to do upon completion of homework
- Organize weekly activities ensuring all supplies are in stock
- Supervise students in playground and classroom
- Document student learning and collaborate with Co-ordinator to plan future activities.
- Co-ordinate snacks
- Liaise with other teachers and parents ensuring needs of students are met
- Organize and co-ordinate with Service Learning Department to offer volunteer opportunities for Senior School students within the program
- Input monthly After Care charges
- Performs duties to assist with Fun Plus Programs
- Performs other duties as required.
Skills, Experience and Attributes Include:
- ECE or university graduate with a career goal of teaching
- Working/volunteer experience with girls 4 to 10 years of age in camp or daycare setting.
- Current in First Aid/CPR
- A sense of humour and fun/positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking sills. Able to handle multiple priorities in a professional manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with particular emphasis on Word and Excel
- Experience working in a Google environment including drive, docs, sheets, calendars and communities an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with students, staff and parents
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at The Bishop Strachan School by email to email@example.com indicating After Care Program Teacher position in the subject line.
We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview. We believe that diversity in our school fosters a rich, inclusive and creative environment. We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. Visit us at www.bss.on.ca